Look at me, all sex in the city. BLOG BLOG BLOGGING!I was at a bar, like I will be today, yesterday, and tomorrow. I looked across the bar at a lady who was so attractive I felt like she rejected me based on her good looks alone, before even getting a chance to sway over and nervously stutter and stammer towards imminent denial.
I went home and watched this movie The Matador. All I can think of the whole time is that I think we all kind of believe we can be a Pierce Brosnan type leading man (if you are a woman substitute Anne Hathaway just because shes the hottest person I can think of right now). That when we give that look of wanton desire (across a bar for example), a woman would be unable to do anything but respond in kind. The fact of the matter is I am nowhere near that attractive, so when I ogle a woman, it is not the eye of a dashing rogue sex symbol, but rather the stink eye of an ogre (relatively). It's weird to accept that you are not in the league of all of these beautiful people that you are taught to believe should represent your ideal romance. I am not Pierce Brosnan, and you are most likely not my Anne Hathaway.
SO, you just accept the mediocrity, and wait for the next debacle of an unfulfilling relationship, because you are always wanting some other fantasy that just isn't for you.
I love that I can see the positives in things.
No comments:
Post a Comment